REMINDER – Members of the House of Representatives Deadline to Support FY 2012 Funding for the CDFI Fund Approaches
Representative Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO), Chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government (FSGG), has given her colleagues in the House of Representatives until next Friday, May 20th to submit their FY 12 programatic appropriations requests for any and all federal agencies and programs under her subcommittees jurisdiction. The FSGG Appropriations Subcommittee has jurisdiction over the CDFI Fund.
Members of Congress are required to submit their FY 12 appropriations requests electronically using a website that can only be accessed by Members of Congress. Representatives will be asked to provide the FY 12 funding level requested, as well a brief description of the federal program, verification that the program is authorized and competitive (not an earmark), along with the program’s 5-year funding history.
To make it easy for you and your Members of Congress we developed a fact sheet (cheat sheet) with all the information a Member of Congress will need to make an FY 12 appropriations request for the CDFI Fund
Please call your Representatives:
- Ask him or her to submit a FY 12 programmatic appropriation’s request to the FSGG Appropriations Subcommittee -requesting $227 million for the CDFI Fund;
- Remind them that this is an authorized and competitive federal program and not an earmark;
- Let them know the FY 12 request of $227 million is a freeze at current FY 11 funding and also the funding level requested in the President’s FY 12 budget;
- Offer to email them the attached fact sheet with the information needed to complete the Appropriations Committee’s online submission form; and
- Remind them that Friday, May 20th is the deadline for submitting appropriations requests to the Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government.
We need as many Representatives as possible – Democrats as well as Republicans – to make this appropriations request.. The House Appropriations Committee leadership – including FSGG Subcommittee Chairman Emerson and Ranking Member Jose Serrano (D-NY) will look to see how many Members of Congress submit requests supporting the CDFI Fund at $227 million.
Please let the CDFI Coalition know which members you have sent your requests to so that we may follow up. Please forward a copy of your emails to members to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the CDFI Coalition
To support the continuing efforts to secure resources for CDFIs and to receive timely information about funding opportunities please join the CDFI Coalition. If you are not already a member, please complete your membership application and send it in today!!
The CDFI Coalition is the unified national voice of community development financial institutions. Our mission is to encourage fair access to financial resources for America's underserved people and communities.