Ask the 113th Congress to Respect Religious Freedom
With the 113th Congress underway, legislators need to hear from you—their constituents—that supporting measures to protect religious freedom and prevent discrimination based on religion should be a priority. Will you take a few minutes now to email your members of Congress about the legislative agenda you hope they will set?
By entering your address below, you can write to your representative and senators to ask them to:
- Support legislation like the Workplace Religious Freedom Act that provides greater protection to employees who need accommodations for their religiously-mandated dress and holiday observance. No one should have to choose between freely exercising their faith and gainful employment;
- Oppose any attempts to expand or create new charitable choice programs which direct government money to faith-based organizations and enable taxpayer dollars to fund discrimination;
- Support legislation like the Employment Non-Discrimination Act which would prohibit discrimination in the workplace based on an individual’s real or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity and would simultaneously protect the religious freedom of houses of worship;
- Support anti-bullying legislation like the Safe Schools Improvement Act and Student Non-Discrimination Act which will protect our nation’s children, including those who are bullied because of their religion and who are targeted because of other students’ religious beliefs;
- Support the Respect for Marriage Act which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, no longer denying the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans because of one theological perspective on marriage.