Grizzlies Need You Now to Protect their Park Homes
Letters sent from this action center go to Alberta Premier Ed Stelmack, with a copy to the MLA representing the Official Oppostion of the Legislature on this issue, Harry Chase.
- Read the action alert below.
- Subject box for letter - Please amend the suggested wording to your own words.
- Write your letter in the white text-box. (Such personal letters are the most effective.)
- If living in Alberta, keep a copy of your letter from the text box & email it to your MLA (to find your MLA)
- Fill in your information and hit send.
Just Days to Act
The Alberta Government is set to pass laws in matter of days; dismantling protection of all parks, including more than 23,000 sq km critical for grizzly bear habitat and currently protected in Wilderness Areas,
Monday Nov. 15, the debate starts in the Legislature on
If the proposed act is passed, it will be the law in
WRITE TODAY Ask that the proposed new parks act (Bill 29) be withdrawn and that the Minister consult with the public.
Also ask that any new parks legislation includes:
· Preservation of the natural environment (i.e. protection from harm or degradation) and protection of the ecological integrity within parks as the primary purpose of parks.
· Protections for Wilderness Areas, Ecological Reserves as they are in the current legislation and protections for Wildland Parks as roadless areas.
· A mandatory and expeditious process of removing resource development allocations within parks.
· The Minister NOT be given broad discretion to approve tourism developments within any park and location the Minister chooses.
Please remember, personally written letters are the most effective. Please personalized the suggested subject and then use the points in the action alert as a guide to write your own letter in the blank space below. One or two short paragraphs is good.