Big Win for Grizzlies & Parks - Thank-you letters needed
Thank-you letters sent from this action center go to the
YOU DID IT! We did it, thanks to your prompt letters & phone calls.
Thursday afternoon, Nov. 25th at the Alberta Legislature, the Alberta Tourism, Parks & Recreation Minister withdrew the controversial parks legislation (Bill 29) and said she will consult with the public. See Sierra Club Canada's news release.
The government had been pushing Bill 29 through to pass before December 2nd. It would have dismantled
Please take a moment to write a short thank-you letter in the box below.
TIPS FOR YOUR LETTER
- Thank the Minister for withdrawing the proposed parks legislation (Bill 29) and undertaking to consult with the public and First Nations.
- Indicate that you prefer that she to work on new parks and regulations to protect Natural Areas, rather than new legislation. (The previous government established 81 new parks and expanded 13 under the existing legislation, so the legislation isn't the hold up for new parks.)
Value of Alberta's Park... Priceless ; government pamphlet
Please remember, personally written letters are the most effective. Please personalize the suggested subject and then use the points in the action alert above to write your own letter in the blank space below. Letters do not need to be long; one or two short paragraphs are good.
1. Read the action alert below.
2. Subject box for letter - Please amend the suggested wording to your own words.
3. Write your letter in the white text-box. (Such personal letters are the most effective.)
4. If living in
5. Fill in your information and hit send.