How to get people to participate in the Virtual Vigil
Once you've got your photo for SGAC's Virtual Vigil, you want to get as many others to submit photos as well. Here are some ideas:
- Hold an event or party, and get everyone to let you take their photo with a sign or candle
- Table in a busy area of campus, and ask everyone who comes by to participate
- Get your facebook or twitter friends involved! Post a message and ask people to take their own photos and send them to you.
- Possible Facebook post: I'm joining a Virtual Vigil to call on Congress to fight AIDS. You can too! Take a photo of yourself with a candle or a sign, and send it to me. Let's make this virtual vigil huge! bit.ly/sgac-virtualvigil
- Possible Tweet: @FightGlobalAIDS is sponsoring a #VirtualVigiltoFundAIDS. Will you join? I did! bit.ly/sgac-virtualvigil
- At any meeting you go to, ask for a few minutes to talk about the Virtual Vigil, and then ask everyone to let you take their picture. Make sure to get the picture at the event, because most people will forget to send it to you if you ask them to do it at home and send it to you.
Other ideas? Send 'em to us at email@example.com.
In the end, don't forget to send us your photos! The easist way to do it is to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell us what school you're from.
Also, it's critical to tweet or facebook them to your Member of Congress and Senators. Use the hashtag #VirtualVigilForAIDSFunding - yep, it's long, but we want to get the point across. You can find your Senators/Rep on Twitter and Facebook by going to their websites or searching Twitter/Facebook for their names.