A Bold and Visionary Plan for Bicycling in Seattle
Do you want Seattle to be a world-class city for bicycling? Together, we can make it happen!
The 2007 Seattle Bicycle Master Plan (BMP)1 is due for its five-year update, starting this spring. Cascade Bicycle Club envisions an updated plan that creates a community that bicycles, where bicycling is normal, convenient, and safe for everyone.
If you agree with our core principles for the 2012 BMP update stated below, please sign the petition to our city's transportation leaders and let them know where you stand.
Thanks for your help in making Seattle the best for bicycling.
We ask that you create—and realize—a bold and visionary plan for a community that bicycles, where bicycling is normal, convenient, and safe for everyone. The 2012 Seattle Bicycle Master Plan update should result in a world-class plan that:
• Makes high-quality, efficient, and safe connections for people to bike to key destinations such as transit stops and stations, schools, parks, grocery stores, downtown, and neighborhood centers for people of all ages and abilities
• Incorporates innovative new tools and best practices from around the country and world such as neighborhood greenways, cycle tracks, buffered bike lanes, bicycle signal priority, and bicycle intersection treatments
• Diversifies bicycling so that everyone—no matter what age, skill level, ethnicity, income, orientation, etc.—feels comfortable and encouraged to ride
• Is funded, built, and maintained with ongoing serious and unwavering commitment from the City
• Vaults Seattle into a national leadership position for bicycling