Immigration Call and Webinar Opportunities in February
1. February 2 - Webinar for Immigration Advocacy: The Only Secure Community is the Beloved Community
Combined with a downloadable toolkit, this 90-minute webinar is designed to help congregations create interfaith teams and launch grassroots campaigns to demand their city or state break ICE's hold on families and communities by urging officials and law enforcement not to participate in the S-Comm program.
- Register for the webinar here
2. February 6 - National Faith and Immigration Monthly Call
This month's call will focus on recent announcements from President Obama's Administration on prosecutorial discretion and proposed changes to the 3/10 year bar waivers. David Leopold, Former President of the American Immigration Lawyers Association will join the call to help us understand what these reforms mean for our communities; what we need to do to make sure they are implemented appropriately; and how we can continue pressing for important reforms.
- Monday, February 6, 4pm Eastern Time
- Call-in number: 218-936-4700; code: 657758
- Optional Webinar: RSVP here
3. February 9: Stop Deportations and Keep Families Together
A follow-up to the February 2nd call, this conference call will give people an opportunity to share best practices, answer questions, and move forward together in building 20 effective and vibrant local campaigns in 6 months across the country, demanding that their counties and states exempt themselves from S-Comm and ICE's hold.
- February 9, 8pm Eastern Time
- Call-in number: 712-432-0075; code: 932705
Immigration resources | State-level policy resources
Alert prepared by Emily Wilson-Hauger, Public Policy Intern. Posted on 1/30/2012.
Adapted from an announcement by the Interfaith Immigration Coalition.