Has Mayor Gray Put the District's Environmental Health at Risk?
Has Mayor Gray Put the District’s Environmental Health at Risk?
How the recent dismissal of DDOE Director Christophe Tulou may impact our work to create a sustainable DC!
On October 4th at noon, at the offices of Global Green USA (1100 15th Street NW, Suite 700), join the DC Environmental Network for a discussion about Mayor Gray’s recent dismissal of District Department of the Environment (DDOE) Director Christophe Tulou.
Our presentation and discussion will strive to answer these questions:
- What happened and why? Does this decision fit into larger political issues the District faces?
- Does this signal a new direction for this administration on sustainability issues?
- Will this change impact the vision and direction of the Mayor’s Sustainable DC initiative?
- Is the Mayor still committed to his stated goal of “making the District the cleanest, greenest, most sustainable city” in the nation?
- What can the environmental community do to make sure we do not backslide on current environmental initiatives and keep the momentum in the District moving forward?
- Who should lead DDOE?
All are welcome. RSVP Below!
Event LocationOffices of the DC Environmental Network & Global Green USA
1100 15th Street NW 11th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
Near Farragut North & McPherson Square metro stops.
The registration deadline for this event has passed.