TAKE THE DINERS' GUIDE INSTITUTIONAL PLEDGE!
We all enjoy eating out. Unfortunately, the workers who cook, prepare, and serve our food suffer from poverty wages, no benefits like paid sick days and health insurance, and little or no chance to move up to better positions. When the people who serve us food can’t afford to pay the rent or take a day off when they’re sick, our dining experience suffers. The Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) has worked to improve wages and working conditions for these workers, and to involve restaurant consumers in helping make a better industry for all.
We pledge to use the ROC NATIONAL DINERS’ GUIDE 2012 by:
1. Informing our staff, members, allies, and other individuals in our network about the Guide, through emails, newsletters, events, etc.
2. Committing to, whenever possible:
- using Gold and Silver Winning restaurants in the Guide for our institution’s events and catering;
- letting restaurant companies in which workers have obtained ROC support to fight exploitation and discrimination know that we do not support such practices, and:
- letting other restaurants know that it matters to your institution how they fare in the Guide.
Copyright © 2011
Restaurant Opportunities Centers United • Login